Crystal Apple Award
Each year, CRC faculty are nominated for the Crystal Apple Award based on the Academic Senate for California Community College (ASCCC) Hayward Award criteria.
"The award honors outstanding community college faculty who have a track record of excellence both in teaching and in professional activities and have demonstrated commitment to their students, profession, and college."
The winner of the Crystal Apple Award becomes the CRC nominee for the statewide Hayward Award.
- 2022 Timaree Hagenburger
- 2021 Julie Oliver
- 2020 Lesley Gale
- 2019 Georgine Hodgkinson
- 2017 Amanda Paskey; also winner of of statewide ASCCC Hayward Award
- 2016 Priscilla LoForte
- 2015 Heather Hutcheson
- 2014 Sarah Pollock
- 2013 Cori Burns
- 2012 Mathilde Mukantabana
- 2011 Dennis Hock
- 2010 Rick Schubert
- 2009 Maureen Moore
- 2008 Travis Parker; also winner of statewide ASCCC Hayward Award
- 2007 Patricia Wall
- 2006 Marybeth Buechner
- 2005 Christine Wagner
- 2004 Rosalie Amer; also winner of statewide ASCCC Hayward Award
- 2003 Debra Sharkey
Golden Hawk Diversity Award
Each year CRC faculty and/or programs are nominated for the Golden Hawk Award based on ASCCC Stanback-Stroud Diversity criteria. The Stanback-Stroud Diversity Award "honors faculty who have made special contributions addressing issues involving diversity." The winner of the Golden Hawk Award becomes the CRC nominee for the statewide Stanback-Stroud Diversity Award.
- 2022 Omari Tau
- 2021 Teaching and Learning Leads (TLLs): Drew Carlson, Martin Flynn Kelsey Ford, Timaree Hagenburger, Howard Lewis, Lisa-Marie Mederos, Brandon Muranaka, and Amanda Paskey
- 2020 Michael Carney
- 2019 Camille Moreno
- 2018 Jackie Mathis
- 2017 Anastasia Panagakos
- 2016 BJ Snowden
- 2014 Anthropology Department (S. Mills, A. Panagakos, A. Paskey); also winner of statewide ASCCC Stanback-Stroud Diversity Award
Sterling Program Award
Each year CRC programs are nominated for the Sterling Program Award based on ASCCC Exemplary Program Award criteria. The Exemplary Program Award "recognizes outstanding community college programs." The winner of the local award becomes the CRC nominee for the statewide Exemplary Program Award.
- 2022 Music Department
- 2021 Construction Management Technology
- 2020 English Supplemental Instruction Program
- 2018 Department of Nutrition and Foods-Pathways
- 2017 Department of Nutrition and Foods
- 2016 Early Childhood Education - Pathways to Success Program
- 2014 OneBook
- 2012 Freshman Seminar; also winner of statewide ASCCC Exemplary Program Award
Learn more about the ASCCC Exemplary Award Program.