The Center for Professional Development plans, coordinates, and supports a variety of activities that engage faculty, classified professionals, and administrators in an active and creative work life.
In order to request campus support individual/group professional development, you must complete and submit the Professional Development Funding Request Form.
Due to the complexity of fund allocation and the required paperwork (e.g. approved travel authorization/reimbursement form), please submit your funding request 45 days prior to the date of the first activity/event.
- You can take a confidential online Racial Equity Personal Inventory and Self-Assessment. Upon completion of the self-assessment, you'll receive an email copy of your responses and score.
- Find a list of resources and conferences to learn about social justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and accessibility.
The California Community Colleges (CCC) Vision Resource Center is an online learning and collaboration platform for all professionals in the California Community Colleges.
- Over 8,000 learning modules from Skillsoft and LinkedIn Learning
- Tutorials related to the priority work going on in the community college system
- Online communities with fellow faculty, staff, administrators, and trustees built around key areas such as Guided Pathways, the Student Centered Funding Formula, Financial Aid, and many more
- Access to subject matter experts
The Center for Professional Development was originally called the Center for the Advancement of Student and Staff Learning (CASSL). It was established in 2004 by former CRC President Francisco Rodriguez to strengthen the college's ability to support student learning and success.
A task group led by Dean Janis Caston that included Professor Marybeth Buechner (SLO Coordinator), Professor Jeanne Edman (Faculty Researcher) and Professor Maureen Moore (Professional Development Chair) worked to develop the structure and initial planning documents that continue to inform the ongoing evolution of this center. Part of this evolution and growth is reflected in the increase of reassign time for the PD Coordinator who now also serves as the PD Committee Tri-Chair (beginning in 2017). Many thanks for their service and leadership to our past PD Committee Chairs and PD/CASSL Coordinators.
PD Committee Chairs:
- Maureen Moore, 2004
- Heidi Emmerling, 2015-2017
- Donnisha Lugo, 2016-2017
PD / CASSL Coordinators:
- Marybeth Buechner, 2005-2008
- BJ Snowden, 2009-2011
- Colette Harris-Mathews, 2011-2013
- Lesley Gale, 2013-2015
- Rick Schubert, 2015-2017
- Georgine Hodgkinson, 2017-2019
- Lisa Dominguez Abraham, 2019-2021
- Lesley Gale, 2021-2023
Finally, many thanks to President Edward Bush and the Professional Development Committee for their ongoing support for professional development efforts at CRC.
Upcoming PD Events
Monday to Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Learning Resource Center, LRC 121