The Center for Professional Development plans, coordinates, and supports a variety of activities that engage faculty, classified professionals, and administrators in an active and creative work life.
In order to request campus support individual/group professional development, you must complete and submit the Professional Development Funding Request Form.
Due to the complexity of fund allocation and the required paperwork (e.g. approved travel authorization/reimbursement form), please submit your funding request 45 days prior to the date of the first activity/event.
Our Professional Development Canvas page has a wealth of information and resources for Classified Professionals, Faculty and Managers.
Enroll in CRC Professional Development
To find out about upcoming PD events, visit the Faculty and Staff Calendar.
- You can take a confidential online Racial Equity Personal Inventory and Self-Assessment. Upon completion of the self-assessment, you'll receive an email copy of your responses and score.
- Find a list of resources and conferences to learn about social justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and accessibility.
The California Community Colleges (CCC) Vision Resource Center is an online learning and collaboration platform for all professionals in the California Community Colleges.
- Over 8,000 learning modules from Skillsoft and LinkedIn Learning
- Tutorials related to the priority work going on in the community college system
- Online communities with fellow faculty, staff, administrators, and trustees built around key areas such as Guided Pathways, the Student Centered Funding Formula, Financial Aid, and many more
- Access to subject matter experts
The Center for Professional Development was originally called CASSL. It was established in 2004 by CRC President Francisco Rodriguez to strengthen the College's ability to support student learning and success. A task group led by Dean Janis Caston that included Professor Marybeth Buechner (SLO Coordinator), Professor Jeanne Edman (Faculty Researcher) and Professor Maureen Moore (Professional Development Chair) worked to develop the structure and initial planning documents that continue to inform the ongoing evolution of this center.
Many thanks to the Marybeth Buechner, who served as the CASSL faculty coordinator from Fall 2005 though Fall 2008. Thanks also to BJ Snowden, who served as the CASSL faculty coordinator from Fall, 2009 through Spring 2011; to Colette Harris-Mathews, who served from Fall 2011 through Spring 2013; to Lesley Gale, who served from Fall 2013 through Spring 2015; to Rick Schubert who served from 2015-2017; to Georgine Hodgkinson who served from 2017-2019; to Lisa Dominguez Abraham who served from 2019-2021; and to Lesley Gale who will serve from 2021-2023.
Finally, many thanks to President Edward Bush and the Professional Development Committee for their ongoing support for professional development efforts at CRC.
Professional Development Coordinator
Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, Research and Planning
Administrative Assistant II
Monday to Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Learning Resource Center, LRC 121