All employees will follow the processes outlined below. Immediate action and notification by the employee to Los Rios Police Department (LRPD) Dispatch is critical, as is the subsequent notification made by each area listed below.
- Immediate notification by the employee who found vandalism to LRPD Dispatch by calling (916) 558-2221. The employee will identify the vandalism location and communicate the time found.
- Immediate notification by LRPD to the CRC Operations (OPS) Director.
- Immediate notification by the Operations Director to the CRC Vice President of Administration (VPA).
- The VPA or OPS Director will notify the CRC Public Information Officer (PIO), the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration, and the Associate Vice Chancellor of Strategy and Communications.
- The custodian will secure the location or cover the mark to ensure that no one else will see the vandalism until LRPD takes pictures and performs their investigation. (OPS can take their own pictures, but LRPD must also take their own pictures.)
- LRPD will take pictures for their records.
- LRPD will notify the OPS front counter and/or custodial supervisor on duty when they are cleared to remove vandalism.
- Custodian will clean off vandalism after pictures are taken by LRPD.
- The campus will be notified of the incident by the PIO.
For additional information about accidents or injuries on campus please see Los Rios Police Department Accident or Injury (HAZMAT) procedures.
The College is committed to assuring that all persons may exercise their constitutional protected rights of free expression, speech, and assembly. See the Free Speech Standard Operating Practice (SOP).
Students, faculty, and staff have an opportunity to distribute and display written or printed materials on campus provided they follow rules and regulations. See the Standard Operating Practice (SOP) for Posting Informational Materials.
Call district police at (916) 558-2221 and press zero to reach a dispatcher.