Adobe Creative Cloud gives users access to the Adobe Creative Suite products for graphic design, video editing, web development, photography, and cloud services. Software from Creative Cloud is downloaded from the internet, installed directly on a local PC and used as long as the subscription remains valid. The service includes all the Adobe products available in the Adobe cloud offerings.
Adobe Creative Cloud for Windows and Macintosh computers is available to all faculty and staff to download and install on a personal (home) computer at no cost through the Adobe Work at Home Campus Agreement. This offer is not available for students.
Prior to purchase and installation of any Adobe software, please verify that the computer meets Adobe’s suggested minimum system requirements.
- Adobe Work-At-Home products are available only for current Cosumnes River College faculty and staff to use on personally owned devices.
- To install Adobe Creative Cloud software on a Cosumnes-owned device, please submit an IT Services Support Request.
- The software is owned by the Cosumnes River College, the employee has no rights to the software.
- Work-at-home software is licensed for current Cosumnes River college employees only, and does not transfer to other Los Rios College District locations.
- The application user agrees to remove the software when employment is ceased at Cosumnes River College.
- Technology support on personally owned devices that are using this software is limited (see support section below).
- Cosumnes River College, and the Cosumnes River College IT department have no liability or responsibility for any damages, data loss, financial loss, outages or other problems caused by installing Adobe Creative Cloud software on a home computer.
Licensing Agreement Details:
The license will expire 90 days after the employee separates from the Cosumnes River College.
The work-at-home software does not qualify for any free upgrades.
Technical assistance from Cosumnes River College is limited since the work-at-home software resides on personal machines that are not owned or managed by the college.
The Los Rios IT Support HelpDesk will not be able to assist with training, application support, or the installation of the work-at-home products on your personal device.
Listed below are several free support options available to you:
To request an Adobe Work at Home (aka Adobe Named User License) please submit an IT Services Support Request.