Home Institutional Equity & Research and Planning Equity | Research Planning College Strategic Plan Area Goals and Strategies
College Strategic Plan Area Goals and Strategies, revised/approved Fall 2022.
Area 1: Equity
Foster an equitable and anti-racist institutional environment across decision-making practices, employee development and support, and instructional practices.
- Strategy 1: Use representative demographic data, disaggregated student outcomes data, and student experience feedback to inform and support decision-making throughout the institution.
- Strategy 2: Continue integration of student services with instructional programs to reduce equity gaps.
- Strategy 3: Recruit, hire, retain, and support employees reflective of the demographics of CRC students.
- Strategy 4: Prioritize employee professional development to increase effective race-conscious and equity-minded practices
Area 2: Access and Success
Facilitate equitable access, success, and on-time completion through effective pathways and practices.
- Strategy 1: Focus outreach and marketing on improving enrollment of underserved populations.
- Strategy 2: Establish an equitable onboarding process by identifying and removing barriers and providing support for students to enter their educational path.
- Strategy 3: Use program maps effectively to facilitate timely completion of students’ educational goals.
- Strategy 4: Use effective instructional and student services practices that remove barriers, retain students on their educational path, and improve equitable completion of educational goals.
- Strategy 5: Facilitate on-time completion and maximize enrollment through student-centered course scheduling across modalities.
Area 3: Teaching and Learning
Cultivate an exemplary, accessible, and equitable learning experience among students and employees.
- Strategy 1: Provide culturally relevant curriculum and instruction.
- Strategy 2: Foster greater interdisciplinary collaboration and flexible, contextualized learning opportunities.
- Strategy 3: Promote and sustain a culture of innovation, reflection, and collaboration among students and employees.
- Strategy 4: Prioritize professional development for effective and innovative, equity-minded instructional practices.
Area 4: Workforce Development
Enhance equitable career and technical education opportunities to meet regional and industry needs.
- Strategy 1: Enhance promotion of CTE programs to students, employers, and community partners.
- Strategy 2: Scale CTE programs to meet current regional industry needs.
- Strategy 3: Develop CTE programs to respond to emerging regional industry needs.
- Strategy 4: Create intentional early college pathways for high school students that promote accelerated completion of CTE programs.
- Strategy 5: Enhance embedded work-based learning and job access by building and maintaining industry partnerships.
- Strategy 6: Ensure equitable entry into career tracks.
Area 5: Working and Learning Environment
Foster an equitable, effective, and fulfilling learning and working environment.
- Strategy 1: Enhance the effectiveness of college processes and resource allocations to support institutional effectiveness, remove barriers, and create sustainable workload.
- Strategy 2: Provide a safe and healthy environment.
- Strategy 3: Provide easily accessible and relevant professional development for all employees.
- Strategy 4: Provide innovative and sustainable technology and facilities that support flexible learning and engagement for our diverse campus community.
- Strategy 5: Foster a campus culture that addresses systemic inequities and supports positive, respectful engagement among all constituencies.