Agendas and Minutes
The Health and Safety Meeting agendas and minutes are available for public access on the BoardDocs website. In the left column, select a Health and Safety meeting date to view the agenda and minutes from that meeting.
See the LRPD Safety Review from the Fall Semester Classified Professional Sync Up on September 21, 2023.
This committee's main responsibilities are:
1) to review and provide input into the development of a long-range Facilities Master Plan and facility moves that impact more than a single department or operational unit; and
2) to ensure employer's/employee's recognition of the importance of a safe working environment and safe working conditions as well as to meet periodically to review and make recommendations on the following items related to health and safety:
- Accident reports filed by employees during the intervening period. The subcommittee will examine the cause and develop a follow-up procedure for correction, if possible;
- Reports filed by employees and others of alleged safety deficiencies, problems or health hazards;
- Safety equipment, safety classes and other related safety matters, including safety procedures, safety handbooks, and the responsibility of employees concerning safety practices;
- Attempt to resolve safety problems on site;
- Fulfill committee obligations to college goals and objectives;
- Fulfill committee obligations to college accreditation.
The Committee shall include four administrators designated by the Management Council, in consultation with the College President. The Vice President of Administrative Services is the Executive Secretary.
The Committee shall include four members of whom there will be a representative from each of the following units: Blue Collar, White Collar, Supervisors, Management/Confidential and Certificated*. Members will be designated by the Classified Senate in consultation with the College President.
(*The Management/Confidential group can be represented by a manager or a confidential classified manager.)
The committee shall be comprised of at least eight faculty, one of whom is a LRCFT representative and one of whom will be the Chair. The chair shall be designated by the Academic Senate President, in consultation with the College President (the Chair will vote in cases of a tie). The faculty chair of any shared governance committee shall serve as a fully participating Senator of the Cosumnes River College Academic Senate. Responsibilities of the faculty chair to the Senate include, but are not limited to: attending all Senate meetings, presenting a fall semester planning report, a spring semester progress report and providing an end-of-year summary of all Shared Governance Committee recommendations. The Chair is also responsible for communicating committee issues to the attention of the Senate and to appropriate college and district groups for review, assistance, research and possible recommendation.
The Committee shall include four members designated by the Associated Student Government, in consultation with the College President.
Gina de la Torre
Meetings are held the second Monday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 pm.