Flex Workshop: Legislation and Advocacy in the California Community Colleges
Date and Time
Thursday, January 13, 2022
1:00 to 2:30 pm
This is an online event.
CRC Institutional Effectiveness
Assembly Bills, Senate Bills, Trailer Bills, why should community college faculty care about legislation? Several recent bills have had (or will have) direct impacts on how we serve our students. Wendy Brill-Wynkoop, President of the Faculty Association of California Community Colleges (FACCC), will present on:
- A brief recap of the 2021 legislative year
- An overview of the statewide governance system of the CCCs
- California's legislative and budget processes
- Looking to the future and advocating for the CCCs to be faculty lead and truly student-centered
- What is coming up on the legislative horizon for 2022
This session is open to the Los Rios District; the co-hosts from Los Rios can document questions and concerns for local Senate and Union follow-up.
- Wendy Brill-Wynkoop, FACCC President, College of the Canyons
- Oranit Limmaneeprasert, American River College
- Eric Wada, Folsom Lake College
For ADA accessibility accommodations, please contact Andrea Dean at DeanA@crc.losrios.edu. Contact Andrea for disability accommodations only. For general inquiries, please contact either the facilitators of the event or CRCemail@example.com.