Hiring Temporary Classified Workers (TCL) and Student Help (STU) must follow specific guidelines during remote operations.
- Justification Spreadsheets need to be submitted for approval for all Student Help and Temporary Classified employees before submitting intents to BSO for processing. Federal Work Study employees are not required on justification spreadsheets.
For intents utilizing categorical/grant funding (budget numbers with fund number 12) department heads will now submit their justification spreadsheet to Katie DeLeon for approval at email@example.com. Please CC CRC-BusinessServices@crc.losrios.edu in your email.
For intents utilizing general funds (budget numbers with fund number 11) department heads will now submit their justification spreadsheet to Theresa Tena for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please CC CRC-BusinessServices@crc.losrios.edu in your email.
- Effective immediately we will be shifting back to normal processes where the hiring supervisor collects all hiring paperwork and submits it along with the intent, and TCL application (if applicable) to BSO for processing.
- See Hiring Temporary Classified Employees on the district website to download hiring paperwork for TCL employees.
- See Hiring Students and Federal Work-Study Employees on the district website to download hiring paperwork for STU/FWS employees.
- All employees are now required to complete Sexual Harassment Prevention Training within 14 days of hire; see Instructions for Training for directions. Supervisors must provide time during work hours to complete this 30-minute training.
- Workers' Compensation locations have changed; see the updated Workers' Compensation document (pages 3 and 4 reflect changes).
- W-4 and DE-4s must now be completed in the Self Service Pages; see the updated Self Service Information document.
- Compliance Checklist has been updated (ESA/PEX info has been removed and form updated to reflect new Sexual Harassment Prevention Training, etc.)
- Student Help and Temporary Classified Intents have been updated (W-4 and DE-4 removed).
For further information see Hiring Resources, or email CRC-BusinessServices@crc.losrios.edu for assistance.
- Once the Justification Spreadsheet is submitted and all hiring paperwork is collected you may begin emailing/submitting intents via email. Please submit all intents for processing to CRC-BusinessServices@crc.losrios.edu.
- Intents will be processed for those employees approved to continue employment by VPA.
- There is a detailed process which needs to be followed when submitting intents. When submitting intents to BSO please refer to these District instructions:
- When completing intents please use the newest version of intents designed for remote operations:
- See IT's Sending Encrypted Emails page to learn how to encrypt emails for sensitive hiring paperwork/documents. Please use these directions to send out New Hire documents.
Additional Requirements for Temp Classified Hiring
- Along with the intent, Temporary Classified (TCL) employees are required to complete and submit a TCL application online and via email to the hiring supervisor. (Note: a TCL application is only required for a brand new TCL employee or if a returning employee is switching classifications from a previous role.)
Hiring supervisors should use this email template to send the potential employee an email with instructions on how to submit the TCL application online.
- After submitting the TCL application online please have the employee save a PDF version of the application and submit to the hiring supervisor.
- The PDF application and the intent should be submitted to the Business Services Office at CRC-BusinessServices@crc.losrios.edu with the proper subject heading and “approved” in the body of the email.
An online training was held explaining how to hire TCL/STU employees during remote operations. View the recording.
Department Timesheet Summary
- All STU/TCL hours worked must be submitted on a Department Timesheet Summary for processing; please submit by emailing to CRC-BusinessServices@crc.losrios.edu.
- All timesheet summaries must be approved by a supervisor.
- An email approval is OK
- Timesheet summaries must come for department supervisor/hiring supervisor
- It is the department supervisor's responsibility to submit all STU/TCL absence reports online
- Effective immediately all absence reporting will be done online for all STU/TCL staff
- Please continue to fill out the fillable absence report timesheet and drop them in the shared folder for the time being. We need to ensure we have these back up timesheets while in remote operations.
- All overtime/differential timesheets for classified staff must be submitted on the fillable version of the Overtime/Differential Timesheet.
- Please drop all overtime/differential timesheets in the shared folder as submittal
- Do not include overtime/differential hours on your department timesheet summary
- Do not email the fillable Overtime/Differential Timesheet
- Please make sure all timesheets have a supervisors signature on them before dropping in shared folder
Individual Fillable Timesheets
- All individual fillable timesheets must be dropped into the shared folder with a signature
All information on the timesheet summary and fillable timesheets must be completely filled out
- Please make sure you are using the correct budget numbers and only using budget numbers that are on the employee's intent
- Please make sure you have updated pay rates for your employees
For further assistance and/or due dates and pay dates please refer to the monthly timesheet reminder emails.
- Final CRC Hiring Process - Presentation
- Updates on LRCCD Hiring Process - Webinar Recording
- Hiring Standards of Practice (SOP)
- Handshake Job and Internship Platform